LARKANA: Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah on Tuesday announced a new committee to investigate the 2007 Karsaz attack in Karachi on the convoy of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto.
The Chief Minister while speaking to media said that Bilawal Bhutto had visited Garhi Khuda Baksh to pay tribute to the victims of Karsaz attack whom of which were buried there as well.
He lamented that that investigation could be held properly under a conspiracy as evidence was removed overnight, but said that he has been instructed by Bilawal Bhutto to initiate investigation which can still be held today.
He said that Bilawal Bhutto is carrying forward the mission of his mother, and had launched his political struggle starting with the Oct 16 rally which had received an unprecedented response. He announced the development of a memorial to honour the Karsaz victims on the ninth death anniversary of the attack.
The five-member investigation team will be chaired by Additional Inspector General Sanaullah Abbasi, and includes Senior Superintendent Police (SSP) Intelligence CTD Omer Shahid, SP Special Investigation Unit (SIU) Farooq Awan, CTD Inspector Sajjad Ali, and SIU Sub Inspector Sajjad Awan.
While commenting on the accusation level against Governor Sindh Ishrat-ul-Ebad by Paksarzameen Party chief Mustafa Kamal, he said that there were allegations against them previously as well. He said that the Governor is the representative on the federation and it beyond his domain to remove him.
However, he called on the federal government to improve its discriminatory attitude towards Sindh and said that all provinces must be treated fairly. He said that the solution to the electricity woes in the country was in Sindh.
The post CM Sindh forms new committee to investigate Karsaz attack appeared first on ARY NEWS.